Who Is It For?
The TOPStrengthener® assessment is aimed at helping tech leaders to improve their engineering teams and build successful tech organizations. It can be applied to individual teams, tech units, and whole tech organizations.
The TOPStrengthener® assessment can be applied to any type of company, whatever its type of business or domain. It can be applied to large corporations as well as startups. Of course, many of the recommendations will depend on factors like the size of your company. Because of that, at the start of the assessment, you’ll need to provide brief information about your company and tech organization.
Below are some typical-use cases for taking the TOPStrengthener® assessment:
- The VP of Engineering or CTO of a startup wants to assess her tech organization, identify gaps, and get valuable recommendations for improvement.
- The VP of Engineering or CTO of a large company wants to assess its individual tech units, so she asks each individual tech leader of a unit to make the assessment.
- An Engineering Director wants to assess the tech unit that he manages.
- A newly hired tech leader wants to quickly and efficiently assess the tech organization that he will manage and get valuable insights and recommendations for its improvement.
- The CEO of a company identifies tech excellence as a strategic focus of the company and asks the VP of engineering to take the Top Strengthener assessment to evaluate the tech organization of the company.
Buy the Book
Many companies are struggling to build successful tech organizations, which ultimately prevents them from fulfilling their business goals. The primary reason for this problem is that building a successful tech organization doesn’t depend on one single area.
In the book, the author is reviewing the different aspects of building successful tech organizations that deliver exceptional products and services, as well as how these different areas work together as a whole system constituting your tech team.
Take the Assessment
The TOPStrengthener® assessment and recommendations tool can be applied to any type of company to identify the gaps in its engineering teams and help the company build a successful tech organization.
The basic option provides detailed assessment and recommendations for three areas of your tech organization: 1) organizational design, 2) product strategy and roadmaps, and 3) IT infrastructure and DevOps. For the other 11 areas, you get an overall assessment and recommendations.
The full version of the assessment gives you detailed assessment and recommendations for all 14 areas of your tech organization.